Update as of April 6, 2020: Due to the extension of Governor Inslee’s Stay Home order, nearly all residential and commercial construction must temporarily cease operations until at least May 4, 2020. Our field team will receive at least 4 weeks of paid leave during the shutdown, and our office team is currently teleworking. For the duration of the Stay Home order, we will be offering Virtual Quotes to help our clients plan for their next project when we are once again able to work. We are most grateful for our community’s continued support during this difficult time.
Guidelines updated 3/30/2019
In light of COVID-19, the following are measures that Sound Painting Solutions is taking to protect our employees’ and customers’ safety.
- We will provide 2 weeks of paid leave to any employee who finds themselves impacted by the virus. This is in addition to the paid leave our company already provides. Employees are required to stay at home if they experience any symptoms of respiratory illness.
- We are requiring that any clients who may be experiencing symptoms themselves postpone their quote appointments or scheduled projects.
- Each of our crews and our office team are operating independently of one another to minimize contact and stay in compliance with current guidelines, which recommend avoiding any gatherings of more than 10 people. As such, our regularly scheduled weekly crew leader meetings are being held virtually for the foreseeable future. Employees with a business need to interact across teams have been instructed to keep at least six feet of physical distance from other team members.
- Employees have been instructed to wash their hands frequently.
- Employees will be provided with disposable gloves and have been instructed to wear them while on the job.
- Employees will be provided with disinfectant cleaner and have been instructed to clean frequently touched surfaces, such as door knobs.
- Employees have been instructed to avoid physical contact with each other and clients as much as possible, including handshakes. Employees will make every effort to keep six feet of distance from clients and fellow crew members.
- All employees are trained on these new guidelines. Crew leaders and managers have the authority to send any noncompliant team members home for the day.
- We are scheduling as many exterior projects as weather conditions will allow in order to minimize time inside of clients’ homes. We are also prioritizing projects taking place in vacant homes or buildings.
- We can conduct virtual quotes in the event that it is no longer feasible to conduct site visits due to a government mandate, as well as for clients who wish to self-isolate or have been exposed to COVID-19 and would still like to obtain a quote for a future project.
Our thoughts are with the community during this difficult time. While we are striving to minimize the financial impact to our team members and business as a whole, we are also committed to doing everything we can to protect public health and will update this page in the event of any significant changes. Our small business is reliant on a steady schedule of painting projects to stay viable, and we appreciate your support more than ever during these uncertain times.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.