Post updated 6/1/2020
In King and Snohomish counties, all construction activities are allowed to resume so long as social distancing and other safety requirements are met. We are committed to following these requirements. As always, we are so grateful for our community’s continued support during this difficult time.
In light of COVID-19, the following are measures that Sound Painting Solutions is taking to protect our employees’ and customers’ safety.
- We will comply with the Families First Coronavirus Response Act in providing emergency paid time off and paid FMLA for employees personally impacted by the virus. This is in addition to the paid leave our company already provides. Additionally, while our company is mandated to cease operations, we will continue to pay our staff and make sure our team still has access to health insurance coverage.
- Employees will be required to stay at home if they experience any symptoms of respiratory illness. Employee temperatures will be taken on arrival to a project site. We are also requiring that any clients who may be experiencing symptoms themselves postpone their quote appointments or scheduled projects.
- Each of our crews and our office team are operating independently of one another to minimize contact and stay in compliance with current guidelines, which recommend avoiding any gatherings of more than 10 people. As such, our regularly scheduled weekly crew leader meetings are being held virtually for the foreseeable future. Employees with a business need to interact across teams have been instructed to keep at least six feet of physical distance from other team members.
- Employees have been instructed to wash their hands frequently.
- Employees will be provided with disposable gloves, eye protection, and face masks, and have been instructed to wear them while on the job.
- Employees will be provided with disinfectant cleaner and have been instructed to clean frequently touched surfaces, such as door knobs.
- Employees have been instructed to avoid physical contact with each other and clients as much as possible, including handshakes. Employees will make every effort to keep 6-10 feet of distance from fellow crew members and clients.
- All employees are trained on these new guidelines. Crew leaders and managers are permitted and encouraged to send any noncompliant team members home for the day. Crew leaders must also submit a daily report to certify their crew was in compliance with the relevant guidelines.
- We are scheduling as many exterior projects as weather conditions will allow in order to minimize time inside of clients’ homes. We are also prioritizing projects taking place in vacant homes or buildings.
- We are offering virtual quotes for clients who may be at-risk and wish to self-isolate or have been exposed to COVID-19 and would still like to obtain a quote for a future project.
Our thoughts are with the community during this difficult time. While we are striving to minimize the financial impact to our team members and business as a whole, we are also committed to doing everything we can to protect public health and continue to update this page in the event of any significant changes. Our small business is reliant on a steady schedule of painting projects to stay viable, and we appreciate your support more than ever during these uncertain times.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter.